Change in Address | How to apply | Registration Services 2020
A company can change its registered office address from one location to another location by passing a Board Resolution filing address change documents with the Registrar of Companies. For changing the address company must have a new address with for changing the registered office. The address need not necessarily be a commercial location and it could be the residential address of one of the promoters or any other identifiable address.Basic requirements to change in address
- Identity new address of company
- Meeting of Board of directors
- Form INC-22
Thus, we must note that the change in the registered office address is very complex and hence generally done when most required. Therefore, while changing the address of the registered office, firm, organization or entities you must keep in mind all the details regarding the plan of change, Also, the companies, Organization or the firms must keep in mind that changing the company’s address represents a major change in the company’s value. Therefore, one must be aware of how this particular decision was taken would affect the holistic environment of your organization or company.
According to section 12 of the companies’ act 2013, a company should have a registered office on and from the fifteenth day of its incorporation so that it would be able to receive and acknowledge all communication that is addressed to it. Also, the company shall furnish to the Registrar verification of its registered office within a period of 30 days in a prescribed manner. Notice of every change of the situation of the registered office shall be given to the registrar within 15 days of the change, verified in the prescribed manner, after the date of incorporation of the company. Therefore, every change in the registered office of the company is to be filed with the ROC in form INC-22 within 15 days of such change.
Request a Call Back
How to change a company address?
- The first step is to change the verification of the registered office. It can be done by filing verification INC-22 along with the required fee.
- In order to verify the registered office, documents are attached in the prescribed format with the Form INC-22.
- Our team will collect all the required documents for the company address change. Below are the documents required for the verification of a registered office:
- In case the registered office is on rent, then the lease deed or rent agreement is required. The rent receipt cannot be older than 3 months.
- Authorization from the owner or the authorized occupant of the premises along with the proof of ownership, to use the premises as a registered office by the company. This is in the form of an NOC (No objection certificate from the owner.
- Also, the copy of utility bills such as telephone bill, gas bill, electricity bill, etc. is required as a proof of evidence.