BIS Hallmark| Registration certificate?
BIS (Bureau of Indian Standards) is an authorized agency in India for the issue of the BIS hallmark certificate. The complete process and regulations of hallmark certification are governed under the BIS Act. The BIS is the primary authority which has been acting as the safeguard of gold products in India. After evaluating and testing the gold article of jewellers, these marks are allotted. Hallmarked jewellery authenticate that the metal used in jewellery conforms to the rules and regulations of BIS Act.
What is the importance of Hallmark certificate?
- The Hallmark is important for both the buyer and seller.
- It gives customer a third party assurance that they purchasing right quality gold products.
- Trust in jewellery and precious stones.
- For the owner of the jewellery shop it hallmark certificate provides legal protection against infringement.
- Important for the growth of business.
Request a Call Back
What are the documents required for Hallmark certificate?
- Certificate of the registered company
- Proof of the business premise of the Jeweller
- Duly signed Hallmark application
- Identity proof of the applicant
- Payment of requisite hallmark
- Signing of the agreement as per the prescribed format
Process of Hallmark certificate
- Documents preparation for Hallmark registration
- Agreement on stamp paper of 100/ in prescribed format
- Fill the BIS hallmark application form
- Pay the required fee
- An inspection will be carried out by a BIS officer
Frequently Asked Questions
What is registration fee for Hallmark registration?
The government fee for Hallmark registration depends on the annual turn of business. According to new guidelines the BIS hallmark license fees is as follows-:
- Turnover up to Rs. 5 cr – Rs. 7500
- Turnover between Rs. 5 cr to Rs. 25 cr – Rs. 15000
- Turnover between Rs. 25 cr to Rs. 100 cr – Rs. 40000
- Turnover Above Rs. 100 cr – Rs. 80000