What is copyright | How to register| registration Services
A copyright is essentially a right that is granted not to copy someone’s work. It gives the owner of the subject an exclusive right over his/her invention or work. After copyright registration work is protected, and no one can imitate, copy or reproduce the original work in any other way. Copyright is an exclusive right which is given by law to creators of literary, dramatic, musical and artistic works and producers of cinematograph films and inventors of new inventions. The validity period of a copyright registration in India is 60 years.There are different categories of Copyright registration:
- Literary work other than computer programs
- Musical works
- Artistic works
- Sound recordings
- Computer programs
Request a Call Back
Documents required for Copyright registration online process-:
The documents required for copyright registration depends on the type of copyright-:
- Artistic Work or Material
- Copies of material, work of art.
- IPO/ DD of rupees as per the work
- No Obligation certificate from the creator or owner of the prescribed work.
- NOC from the person who photos appear on the claim work
- Cinematograph Film
- Copy of the Cinematograph work
- DD/IPO of rupees as per work
- NOC from the publisher
- NOC from the various copyright holders of the prescribed work
- Software or programs
- Copy of software or program
- DD/IPO of rupees as per the work
- NOC from the inventor or the owner of the program
How to apply for copyright registration in India?
- File an Application: An application needs to be submitted either in DD/PP, One application is filed, a dairy number is generated and issued to the application or owner. We will draft and file a copyright application for you
- Examination of the application: After filing copyright application it is scrutinized. The time of examination of application is 30 days if there are any objections it can be raised.
- Registration: The procedure of copyright registration Completely depends on the registrar. Once everything is cleared from the registrar’s end you will receive your copyright certificate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Which Act regulates the copyright registration in India?
The Copyright Act 1957 regulates the rules and regulations regarding copyright registration in India. It protects the original literary, cinematic, thematic and artistic work from unauthorized uses.
Why should I register for copyright registration?
It is very important for you to register copyright registration because it gives you a certain set right so that others may not copy your work. In simple words, copyright registration will provide protection to your work.
What are the rights provided under the copyright registration?
Following are the right which is granted by the copyright registration-:
- The right to copy or reproduce the work.
- Legal copyright infringement rights.
- The right to be attributed to work.
What is the validity of the copyright registration services?
Copyright registration for any work is valid for the lifetime duration of the owner and after 60 years of the death of the copyright owner.
How much does it cost to register for copyright?
The cost of the copyright registration depends on the type of work you are registering as there many types of copyright registrations.
- Musical works
- Artistic work
- Sound recordings