FSSAI registration | How to apply | 2019 INDIA
FSSAI (Food Saftey and Standards Authority of India) is an authority to provide a food license to every food business in India. FSSAI makes sure that the food business runs with an appropriate license and a quality check. The food businesses are required to follow the FSSAI rules and guidelines. FSSAI is entirely responsible for setting the standard and principles and controls for the welfare of food businesses in India.
The FSSAI as an autonomous body has been established under the Food Safety and Standards Act, 2006. FSSAi is the regulatory body responsible for protecting and promoting public health through the regulation and supervision of food safety.
A food license is mandatory to start a food business in India. FSSAI Registration is required for all food related businesses such as manufacturers, traders, restaurants, small eateries, grocery shops, importers, exporters, home-based food businesses, dairy farms, processors, retailers, e-tailers. who are involved in the food business must obtain a 14-digit registration Number or a Food license number which must be printed on food packages or Displayed in Premises.
Request a Call Back
Types of FSSAI License
- Basic FSSAI license-: It is one of the basic types of license which is for the small businesses and those who have a turnover of up to 12 lakh. This license can be updated as per the increment and increasing the turnover of your business.
- State FSSAI license-: State license is for the mid-sized businesses whose annual turnover is between 12 lakh to 20 lakh.
- Central FSSAI license-: This license is applicable for those large businesses with a turnover of more than 20 lakh. So basically FSSAI license depends on the size of businesses that varies from industry to industry.
Documents required for FSSAI license registration in India
- List of the food category to be manufactured
- List of the name of directors/shareholders in the firm
- ID proof
- Residential proof
- PAN card of the business entity
- Photo ID: passport size
- Canceled cheque
- Authorization letter (in case of partnership)
- Copy of partnership deed (in case of partnership)
- Bank certificate bearing applicant entity name
- Electricity bills
- Digital Signature certificate
Process of FSSAI license registration
- Plan your business and File an application:Planning your business is the first step in the registration and register it as a legal entity. If you have a business which is related is related to the food than it is mandatory to obtain an FSSAI license. Food Business Operator (FBO) can obtain registration by submitting an application(Form A) to the Food and Safety of India.
- Identify your food business annual turnover:After business registration, identify the annual turnover and decide the food license you need for the food business.
- Complete the required documents: You have to complete the required documents for the FSSAI registration after identifying the annual turnover of your food business.
- Pay the challan: The next step is to pay the challan for a food license.
- Go through inspection process for
Why do I need to get a FSSAI license?
If you want to establish any food manufacturing unit or any food-related products, you need to get a FSSAI license.
What is the validity of the Gaila FSSAI license?
The FSSAI license is valid from 1 (one) to 5 (five) years.
What are the types of FSSAI License?
There are three types of FSSAI license viz, basic state and central.
What are the documents required for a FSSAI license?
There are various documents required viz, PAN, Aadhar, Utility bill, Address proof, photograph, etc.
Can I face legal consequences if I do not get a FSSAI license?
Yes! The penalty ranges from Rs 3 lakhs to Rs 10 lakhs. And even have to pay a heavy compensation if the food product thus produced results in the death of a person.
What is the renewal time period of a FSSAI license?
The FSSAI license needs are to renewed before o on 120 days of its expiry.
Is it mandatory for export units to get FSSAI license?
Yes, all export and import units are required to get FSSAI license.
Do companies under government also require FSSAI license?
Yes, companies under government administration such as railways, airport, seaport, and, etc. do require FSSAI license.
Do company who manufacture only input for food products also require FSSAI license?
Yes, the company that manufactures only inputs for food and related products does require FSSAI license.